Troopie self storage Sandton FAQ'S
Click on one of the storage faq's below
- Tips for using your storage space
- What is self storage?
- How much space do I need?
- What security does the storage facility have?
- Do the units require a security deposit?
- Is the rental on a monthly or weekly basis?
- How many days notice do I need to cancel the rental of a unit?
- What size storage units do you offer?
- Is there a charge to access my storage unit and when can I access?
- Can I authorize other people to access my storage unit?
- What do I do about Insurance?
- How do I reserve a unit?
- Are there parking bays for my vehicle?
- Can I store company goods?
Our secure self storage units in Sandton and Linbro Park are centrally located to help you keep your goods secure and protected. Self Storage is the term applied to storage facilities that offer do-it-yourself storage space for members of the public and businesses to rent month-to-month. You are the only person to hold the key and you can come and go as often as you like during normal working hours.
Self storage offers the provision for customers of space for the storage of furniture, paper and other goods (subject to certain restrictions) where the storage space offers all of the following characteristics:
- The customer has exclusive use of the storage unit
- The storage area is secured to prevent access except by the customer or his agent
- The storage units are fully bricked with roll-up doors
- Access to each individual storage area is without the use of ladders
- The customer has unrestricted access to the storage area during site opening hours
- Transfer of goods into and out of the storage area can be completed by the customers themselves
To best estimate the size of storage space required, and as a service to our customers, we offer to calculate the size storage unit required. Just furnish us with an inventory list and we will gladly estimate the space you need.
The premises have a 24-hour armed guard, guard dogs and an armed reaction unit. Troopie Self Storage units are fully flood lit and Troopie Self Storage staff stay on the premises.
All units used for storage are completely self-contained - no one can see into the unit and the door is locked with a security lock (supplied by the customer or one can be purchased from Troopie Self Storage). Access is only granted to authorised and fully paid-up clients.
Access is strictly controlled. Customers must be authorised to access the unit and have the correct key for the lock on the units.
We are surrounded by a 3m brick wall with alarmed fence, linked to an armed reaction unit.
Yes, Troopie Self Storage requires one months’ rent as a deposit.
The rental agreement runs on a month-to-month basis and renews automatically on the 1st of each month if we have not had notice from you. When you move in you will be charged on a pro-rata basis (i.e. only pay for 10 days rental if you move in on the 20th of the month).
One full calendar months’ notice is required.
Access is free.
Normal facility hours:
Monday - Friday: 08:00 – 17:00
Saturdays: To be arranged in advance
Sundays and Public Holidays : Closed
You can authorise others to access your unit as long as prior arrangements are made with Troopie Self Storage and the person(s) accessing the unit are able to identify themselves properly - ID required. To obtain entry to the unit the storage unit key will also be required.
All the major insurers are prepared to cover your goods while they are in storage. Inform your insurer that the goods will be in storage and they will cover your possessions under your Household Policy.
Self Storage units are located in Linbro Park Sandton. Units are allocated on a "First Come First Served Basis". Once a signed Rental Agreement, deposit and the initial month’s rental has been received the unit will be reserved for you.
We have parking bays with enough room to manoeuver vehicles.We do not offer caravan or vehicle storage facilities.
Troopie Self Storage caters for companies as well as private storage. Due to the fact that there are several sizes of storage units, you can hire according to your needs